View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #134
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Making comparisons for the sake of comparisons using Wilson and Keenum is fair and all, but using passing stats like the ones provided really slant the argument in your favour.

You've also got to consider that Seattle doesn't play in a lot of close games, and thus typically aren't forced to pass the ball to play catch up.
I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think your arguments add up to the same thing.... I don't think we spent a lot of time playing catch up either. Most of the time, we had the lead going into the half, but couldn't put points on the board to maintain the lead. We didn't lose many games by more than 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post

Look, Keenum's a great kid and most of us would be totally cool with him getting a fair shot at the starting gig next year. But he's going to be facing an uphill battle once again. Comparing him to Wilson and saying the two are close would IMO be inaccurate.

We saw what Wilson can do when he takes a game into his own hands when they visited Houston earlier in the season. Schaub may have thrown it away, but Wilson made big play after big play to put his team in a position to win.
Like you I think this is the biggest difference... however the lesson I got from this, is that Russell Wilson made plays in clutch situations where Schaub & Keenum didn't.

Case has got the talent, I believe that; but talent is only part of the equation at this level. I'm not saying Case can't get it done at this level & I don't believe he was put in the best situation to succeed. But the deck is no stacked against him even more than before. It is what it is. Time to move forward.