View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #1270
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
I don't know if Teddy is that short, but part of Brees and Wilson's success is using the oline to create passing lanes so the height isn't a huge issue, though I will say that I always thought it was funny to see people, during the draft, worry about Wilson's ability to see over his linemen when Wisconsin had averaged out as tallest oline that year.
Keenum and Manziel listed at 6 ft 1 in. Elway and Moon check in at 6ft 3in, Montana 6ft 2in.

I'm not totally discounting height, but as you can see, and noted, lacking prototypical height can be overcome.

By the way: Ryan Leaf 6ft 5in, JaMarcus Russell 6ft 6in. Prototypical height helped their draft value, but didn't cement their franchise QB status or NFL success.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote