View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Man I must have made that up. I could have sworn I read where teams could only carry over a certain amount of cap money left over. After searching I see teams that have carried like 24 million over. I'm suprised no one has tanked like 3-4 years in a row just to bank a lot of cash and make a big run.

I wonder if you have carry over you have to spend that the following season or you lose it.
Folks are missing a big piece of the equation and you have hit on it. Starting last year, but determined on a four year span rather than annually, teams must spend 89% of the salary cap IN CASH not cap hit. So if the caps for 2013-16 are $120, $125, $130 and $135 (total $510 mil) then the teams must spend $453.9 mil in cash over that time period.