View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Sherman's Big Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
When did this perception of old school cordial behavior come about?
I've wondered the same thing, StarStruck. There seems to be a general misconception that players used to roast marshmallows and sing "Kumbaya" at halftime with each other.

I guess Broadway Joe Namath was "thug" before it was cool with all the trash talking he did before Super Bowl III. Heck, he even guaranteed a victory the week before the game.

Here's an article from a couple of years ago celebrating the best trash talkers in sports: Smack Talk: The 20 Best Trash Talkers in Sports History

Then there's USA Today's All-time NFL trash-talk team.

Some people seem to have very short memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
That interview he did with Skip Bayless...

"In my 24 years of life. I'm better at life than you."

Bayless - "Are you better than Revis?"

Sherman - "I'm better than YOU."

Hilarious.
That's when Sherman really showed up on my radar. Bayless is a peckerwood, and Sherman putting him in his place was classic and immediately made me like the guy.