View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #1237
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Still sticking with the "he's a scout for NFL network" crap huh? And I don't need to address anything. He lost all credibility With me when he made ridiculous statements about Manziel and Bridgewater. No credible source make statements like that.
Yes, he does film analysis for the NFL Network and in particular was asked to do a series of scouting reports for them on several defensive prospects last year, including, but not limited to:

-Alex Okafor

-Arthur Brown

-Xavier Gooden

-Datone Jones

-Dion Jordan

-And others. Just google his name + a defensive prospect from last year (particularly linebackers and linemen) and it'll likely be the first link to pick from.

He's a scout, deal with it. However, he's not only a scout but also knows his X's and O's, particularly his analysis of the 2013 Seahawks secondary which - as a few have pointed out - is exactly what the Texans did to build their huge lead against them in the first half this year. The man has talent and experience and knows what he's talking about. Stop talking about things that you know nothing about.

You are transparently and overtly defensive because he doesn't like what he sees in Manziel's tape. You disagree with him; hell, I disagree with him. And that's fine, but don't use that as motivation to claim:

A) He's some no-nothing talking head; and

B) He should be ignored outright

Because you are - guess what - wrong, wrong, wrong-ity wrong. You are letting your emotions get the better of you and ignoring the real key of what he was saying about Manziel: that ultimately he is not nearly as good a fit for the type of offense O'Brien runs compared to Bridgewater.

I think Manziel has an underrated and fierce football intelligence and sees the field better than almost any other QB in college, but Bridgewater's skill-set and experience in a pro-system makes him a better fit. Even the football savant comment isn't that far off when you look into his background at Louisville. Manziel should go to a place like Minnesota or Cleveland (especially if they get Kubiak as an OC as has been rumored very recently) where they incorporate more West Coast concepts and can make direct use of his mobility and vision while running on boots and play action.

If nothing else, at least respect someone else's goddamn opinion about wanting to even link his other work without getting in a huff because he insulted your golden boy.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for you to address matt290's post. Good day.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote