View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Having that kinda cap space and having Luck is going to make the Colts SB contenders for yrs to come.

The reason the Texans are in the cap shape they are in is because Rick misread how much the cap would be going up and wrongly thought Schaub was the man to lead the Texans to a SB. Along with not realizing that that Gary had run Foster into the ground. (He should have realized this. Plenty of people on this MB predicted the fall of Foster.)

Thanks Rick
Not a big Rick Smith fan, If I had my way, I'd have fired him in2010 & kept Kubiak..... that said, Schaub was well on his way in 2011 into making Rick Smith look like a smart man. Had we finished the season the way he started, we get to the AFC Championship game, possibly the Super Bowl... Rick would've looked like a genius.

I agree that a good GM will be right on those kinds of gambles & Rick has a very poor history with them (OD, Foster, Cushing).... so that's one thing. But I don't know we can blame Slick Rick (WD40) for Kubiak running Foster into the ground (happened after Rick paid him) or for Jamal Charles doing the what he was taught to do.

I still think the structure of Schaub's contract was just a hair short of genius. It gave Matt two years (2012, 2013) to prove he is an elite QB before we were paying him elite QB money ($14M cap numbers). We've got an out, we can cut him now & realize a net gain.

I bet you dollars to donuts Ozzie offered Flacco a similar deal & he wishes Flacco would have took it.