View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
There will be restructuring. There will be borrowing money from 2015 & 2016 to pay for 2014. There will be more of the same.

FYI - If the Texans cut Schaub and Foster and accounted for all Dead Money in 2014, the Texans would begin 2015 $50 million under the cap in 2015.
Ok..... I'm being serious here. Obviously I don't understand what you are saying... but I would love to. Are you saying we should never offer a signing bonus to the players we intend to sign?

I ask, because that is the only "dead money" to speak of in the Texans' cap figure.

Looking at the Patriots numbers & ours don't seem much different, player for player. We're just paying our players more, imo our players "deserve" more.

The Patriots only have 4 players with a cap number over $6M, we've got 8. They've got about $8M, we've got $3M. Their number doesn't include Talib who made $4.8M last year (if the Pats sign him for next year with a $5M cap number, the Patriots would be at $3M under the cap).

What am I not seeing that you do?