View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #26
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Only one like him in first round

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
If we were to go Mosley first, and the draft fell like this, I wouldn't be unhappy

1 ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA-as Corrosion has mentioned, best football player
33 S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX ALABAMA-always wanted a top safety
65 QB ZACH METTENBERGER LSU- boom or bust
97 DT KELCY QUARLES SOUTH CAROLINA-keeping with up the middle theme
129 RB CHARLES SIMS WVU-Houston boy comes back home-we need help here
161 WR MIKE DAVIS TEXAS-finally a burner
193 CB ROSS COCKRELL DUKE-this little dud is gritty

Courtesy of mock draft simulator (there's a thread)

Tried to go with best player and keeping in mind team needs. I think our OL is going to be fine with players getting healthy, new coaching and maybe FA
I doubt Nix is there @ 33. Might not be there if you had Cleveland's #26. I think he comes off the board between 15 & 25.
Also don't see the need for another early round safety when we took Swearinger early last season pending Manning returns which I believe he will as you aren't going to replace him with a comparable player with the difference between his dead money and cap savings. He's right around market value for the position.

I also don't believe the OL can be neglected , especially RT and to some extent LG as Wade Smith really fell off last year. Smith only has a $750k cap hit if cut. Newton is just over $15k in dead money should they send his ass packing. (Not saying either gets cut but its entirely possible).
The Texans talked to "just about every OL at the SR Bowl". That seems like a clue to me that they want to improve in the trenches. Where in the draft is anyone's guess but if they are talking to guy's expected to go in the early part of round 1 ... you almost have to pencil in an OL in the first 2-3 picks.

Kelcy Quarles is likely a late second to 3rd rounder.

In keeping with the spirit of your draft above , I'd so something like the following:

1 - Mosley
2 - Antonio Richardson (Tenn. OT)
3 - Mettenberger
4 - Lache Seastrunk (Baylor RB)
5 - Ryan Carrethers (Arkansas St. DT)
6 -
7 -

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote