View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #1225
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

An inside look as Teddy Bridgewater prepares for the NFL draft (video)

Quote:
A clip of Bridgewater throwing a football flashes on a television monitor, but the receiver is not in the frame. Weinke asks if the pass is a slant route or a hitch route. Bridgewater knows it’s a slant because of the direction his feet are pointed. Weinke nods.

As the film rolls, Weinke rewinds and replays throws, sometimes four or five times in a row. The room is quiet, but the clips, shown over and over for emphasis, speak for themselves.

The movements are quite familiar to U of L fans. Teddy’s quick dropback. Teddy’s elegant footwork. Teddy’s precise throws. Rewind, restart.

“The ball gets out of your hand so freaking quick, Teddy,” Weinke tells him. “They’re going to love you, man.”

Teddy smiles and thanks him. When Weinke says “they,” he is referring to NFL scouts, coaches and executives. Of course, not all of the teams need to love Teddy. Just one does.

“I can’t control what’s in the future and what’s down the road,” Bridgewater says. “But what I can do is prepare myself for when that time comes.”

It’s just after 10 a.m., and Bridgewater has been awake since 6. For the first time, he can turn his total focus toward football. No more tests to study for or papers to write.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote