View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014   #208
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
You're the only one that has Boyd at 90. I know this is imaginary, but where did you pull 85?

I stole this from another thread

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline

The drop off is not the way you depict it. This is my opinion, but at the same time, who am I right? Take this for what you will.

Here are my imaginary Madden grades. (BTW, this is absolutely subject to change)

1. TB - 92
2. Bortles - 88
3. JFF - 86 (with potential for 93, WILDCARD!)
4. Derek Carr - 76
5. Zach Met - 69
6. Tajh Boyd - 66
7. Jimmy G - 63
8. AJ McCarron - 60
9. Aaron Murray - 56
10. Brett Smith/David Fales - 50

90s don't go in round 3. They go in round 1. 60's go in round 3. No scouts pass up on 90 QBs to draft a special teamer/3rd round LB in the 4th just because they have a QB. Teams will gladly hoard several 90 QBs.

Boom!

Speaking of imaginary...If we consider any tackle in this draft to build these imaginary trenches in hopes of becoming the Cleveland Browns, it better not be Matthews and better be Robinson. After the combine is over I'm sure Big Ro is gonna be top 5 and Matthews and his "supposed" T-Rex arms will be clinging to top 15 hope.
TBH, my system is based on a 100 percentile in that I consider each of several factors as do others. I do have TB rated as best QB but imo based on observation as well as what others say, if Boyd was same height and he is not far off, he would have slight edge imo. I just threw out 85 as if he had that rating I would take him at third over TB in first. I agree '90' players are not in third round but I don't rate him as a third round guy. My mocks are now based on where player is rated by others such as CBS draftscout and Walter. My final mock is usually based on where I think a player will be selected. Just the way I do things.