View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014   #169
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Dennison got here in 2010 and that was Fosters first big "holy ****" year and it basically continued until 2013 when everybody died. You can give all the credit to Foster (I'm sure some fans on this board will disagree) or Dennison or Kubiak, but when Dennison arrived, the run game came alive.

It was pretty obvious that when Kyle S. left the passing game took a bit of a hit, but when Dennison came in the running game took a huge leap in usage and efficiency. The best running team we really had prior to Dennison was in 2008 when Slaton had his one good year (And even then, we still had problems with short distance running).
My problem with that is that Foster played the last 3 games in 09 and was clearly up and coming as a starting RB. Just two years prior we had Slaton running for 1200+ yards and 10 TDs and it looked like we had our starting RB for years to come. Then he got injured, and we went through a few worthless guys in 09 until Foster showed his stuff at the end of the season. He was averaging nearly 5 YPC in those games too, so it's not like our system was completely broken.

I think we just lacked talent at RB in 2009, Christ Brown was washed up, and Ryan (can't remember his last name) were JAGs. So I'm not sure it was so much the system as it was the RB's vision and speed.