View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014   #166
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I thought the rushing attack greatly improved under Dennison. But with Kubiak gone, it was clear Dennison knew squat about the passing game.
I dunno how much he had to do with it. I think Duane Brown becoming a solid LT had a lot to do with it, and so did bringing in Wade Smith. We still had Mike Brisiel at the time too, Winston at RT and Myers has always been the center. We still had Vonta for another year, before moving Casey into the FB role. And of course, the biggest X factor was Arian Foster coming alive.

I'm not sure how much can be attributed to Dennison. I mean, what did he really change? Did our ZBS change significantly or at all? Did he call the running plays? I really didn't notice much of a difference in the running plays being called, it always seemed rather vanilla to me. We just had really good run-blocking from our o-line at the time, but then we lost our RG and RT and it all went to hell.