View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014   #57
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Good idea, but you might want to only add names to the list that actually have the Texans listed in the spreadsheet. Some might not want the scrutiny that comes with the pick.
Yeah, that's the idea. If you want to pick the Texans, make it one of your 3 choices. If you don't get the Texans, then I'll look at second and third choices.

On the first pass, I'll see what teams were rated #1 alone by people. Do a random draw for anyone else who listed the team, and move on to the next #1 choice. The idea would be to try and fill teams based on interest first, and then go with the 2nd and 3rd options.

I'm thinking there needs to be a weight system. #1 choice gets 5 entries into the random drawing for X team, #2 get 3 entries, #3 gets 1. That way if someone really wants a team in particular, they can put more points towards getting that team. I think it's a bit more fair to do it this way, and hopefully people will be more happy with the results.