View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014   #61
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL considering proposal to abolish extra points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
How would this bring more novice viewers to the game?

I think it does eliminate the possibility of a couple breaks per game
imo they're only talking about this move to bring back some of the action & excitement to the game that they lost when they did what they did to kickoffs....essentially making them touchback fests.

I have no proof, but i'm guessing that those kinds of 1 off excitement plays (like TDs) are more apt to catch & draw in a novice viewer as opposed to watching a guy kick an extra point or watching the drive that led up to the TD..or watching the actual games...Basically they're trying to extend the excitement of a TD play.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote