View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I think this is a good idea and 2nd it.

I also think you should just let everyone sign up and then there will likely be many people that have to do 2 teams, just have people sign up for the 2 teams as needed.
It has varied in the past. I know people have other favorite teams that they want, but the Texans pick is usually the most controversial. In the past we have done it where the Texans pick is a vote among 5-10 players, but the last couple we have just assigned someone the team randomly.

I'm thinking this year we could do something different, and I'll be happy to manage it if the other Mock Admins are in favor of it. I'll create a new Google spreadsheet for the 2014 mock, and everyone will be able to sign up. However, instead of just signing your name next to a team or throwing it in a random bucket, you pick 3 teams that you want to draft for all 7 rounds. Rank them as 1,2,3 in the order the columns set up, and I'll do my best to ensure that everyone gets at least 1 of their top 3 teams.

For the Texans, since I'm sure many folks will want them, I'll take everyone who lists them and randomly select one. If there are any other teams with an inordinate amount of people picking them, then we may do the same, but the Texans will be the first selected.

If there are folks that don't get a top 3 team for some reason, I'll fill in as many of the teams as possible, and then allow anyone who doesn't have a team yet to choose among the remaining teams.

Quote:
Also, do yall do a "lock your mock" thing here? Where everyone posts their mock they believe/hope the Texans will do and we all see who is the most accurate? It would be cool to do one of those with a scoring system, deadline for submission, and possible gambling?
I think we have always had threads like that pop up each year around draft time, but nothing really formal. For the purposes of this mock draft, we don't do that particular thing, but you're welcome to start a thread and manage that if you like