Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014   #1773
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
I guess what I am asking is this whole dual threat QB era just a fad and a mirage? Or are these guys really paving the way for players like Manziel to come in and have long successful careers in the NFL?
I think it's still up in the air a bit. Many folks are worried after watching RG3 get injured repeatedly and thinking it's just a question of when (not if) the same thing will happen to CK and RW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I see Manziel being called an instinctive player, how he has great vision and sees the whole field.

These are great things, but do you think he has the discipline to go through his reads and work through his progressions?

Is he impulsive, impatient, undisciplined and if so can you and would you want to coach it out of him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I think the question is how do you improve the player without eliminating the special skills? Does making him a conventional pocket passer also eliminate his ability to create positive plays among the chaos? It's a legitimate concern. To some extent, I think that happened with Case last year.
Yep, that's the concern. The question with JM is how much you lose by keeping him behind LoS. Lots of his 'special' plays came with his feet, without rushing for a single yard. He made great strides this year which shows he's at least 'coachable'.