View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014   #22
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock version 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't think I'm selling his pass rushing abilities short. I think you're undervaluing how important he is to the interior of our defense. He is already the most dominant defensive player in the league. If you move him to the edge you're moving him further from the ball, thus meaning he will have less opportunities to make an impact. The guy is already double teamed a ton anyway and he still gets pressure on the QB.

I agree. The best scheme would be to take the talent we have and structure a scheme around it.
Good points. Don't think it matters now, Crennel was asked if he would build a defense round JJ and he said no that he's going to stick with his scheme, it's not about JJ it's about the team.