Thread: TiJ Mock #1
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014   #10
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TiJ Mock #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
When discussing Garoppolo's production I think it is important to note a few things. First, while he has been impressive this year, you have to note the level of competition he plays against. You also need to note that his HC, Dino Babers, was the Baylor WR coach under Briles for four years and has brought that offense with him to Eastern Illinois.

So while the stats are truly outstanding, he's playing in the same system that Baylor/Houston/Texas A&M/etc. use and faces the same concerns about adjusting to a NFL system.

Just something to consider when you're grading him as a prospect. I haven't seen as much of him as I would like and I am looking forward to seeing more.
Good points. I had watched some tape on him and read a few articles, but really enjoyed watching how he handled himself in the East/West game. He could slip into the late first, but I'm hoping he's setting there at 33#. I'd feel better taking a chance on him vs drafting a QB at 1-1 this year.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote