Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014   #1768
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I think the question is how do you improve the player without eliminating the special skills? Does making him a conventional pocket passer also eliminate his ability to create positive plays among the chaos? It's a legitimate concern. To some extent, I think that happened with Case last year.
thats a good point. off the top of my head you, you would have to allow for the players "natural" skills to shine. Build the scheme around him and look to develop those other skills. Much like washington did in RG3s first year and what the panthers are doing with Newton.

The offence will be vastly different whether we get manziel or TB/BB.
My belief is you must construct your team with the players you have not force them into different holes.