Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014   #1767
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
he has certainly improved in this regard over the last year. My question on manziel isn't necessarily what is his ceiling going to be in the NFL but more specifically what is his ceiling at becoming a pocket passer.

His probably not going to become a brady or manning type pocket passer but could he develop that part of his game enough to the extent of lets say a romo or ryan. That way his other positive skills will elevate him further.
I think the question is how do you improve the player without eliminating the special skills? Does making him a conventional pocket passer also eliminate his ability to create positive plays among the chaos? It's a legitimate concern. To some extent, I think that happened with Case last year.