View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014   #650
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

I see the ambiguity but think it was the latter. I think he was complaining that Welker got away with an illegal block that never should have happened and it resulted in an injury. It certainly could be attempting to injure though. If that is what he meant then I disagree with him although the flag still should have been thrown.
Agreed. Belichick isn't going to accuse Welker of being a dirty player, to the point of trying to injure another player. Welker was not trying to get open on that play, it was clear that his intention was to interfere with Talib's ability to cover his man.

However, ultimately it is a judgement call. It's the referee's responsibility to determine if it was accidental or intentional. I think it was blatant & I believe that is what Belichick is going to turn in to the league.

Of course, he doesn't seem to mind when his receivers get away with it against our team, or the several other teams his guys have gotten the call... Patriots, Colts, & now Denver get away with that, imo, more than the other teams in the league.