View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014   #110
Victor B
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Victor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
nope, but they beat the snot out of andrew luck. manning went to a team that made the playoffs with tim tebow, and that's what i want to see. we're a team that's a year away from 12 wins with a gimp schaub. i'd continue to build on that and add talent to the roster at every opportunity. if "THE MAN" at quarterback is available (and OB might feel he is at #1 which is just fine) then you grab him. if the "HE HAS A CHANCE TO BE THE MAN MAYBE" is available, he's more likely to cripple the franchise than help. that's where i'm currently at, and why i'm preaching trade down and build talent + depth.
Agreed. Don't reach with a QB with the hopes that he might be the future. If they feel that one of those "Top Rated" QB prospects are the future, then make the pick. If not, take Clowney.

Honestly, I would feel better about the direction of the franchise if they took Clowney with the #1. You are statistically less prone to set your franchise back if you don't take a QB #1. If they take a QB #1 then he will play despite the fact that he is ready or not. That will not only hurt us, but it will hurt that player's development as well.

How much time are we going to give a rookie QB to straighten things out before we declare him a bust? Everyone wants to win now and if the kid doesn't come out and lead us to the playoffs we will be calling to draft another QB in 2015. We gave an UDF QB with virtually no real practice time 8 games before we decided he wasn't serviceable. The verdict isn't in on him, and it also won't be on another rookie QB after year 1. Have patience.

People should take a step back from the "we need to win now!" emotions and look at what is more beneficial for our team in the long run. Build a strong foundation because we don't have one. Don't bring in a kid and set him up for failure from day 1.
Victor B is offline   Reply With Quote