View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014   #104
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The bold negates the trade at all costs mentality. It isn't drafting wisely to trade back and get the 4th best QB when you think only 2 are good.
russell wilson has hardly looked better than case keenum the last 2 months, yet the seahawks are going to the superbowl. if i trade back and the best player isnt a quarterback, so be it. the AFC is being carried by 2 hall of fame QB's who wont be far from 1 and 2 on the greatest of all time list. the NFC however is being won the other way, by exceptional talent around the field (a lot of suck going into years of early draft picks). only 1 of this weekend's qb's was even a first rounder.

i'm of the mind that the quarterback, while THE key player, is still just a draft pick like any other (peyton, carr, vick, russell, stafford, luck, cam ... the full gambit of boom and bust) - until he proves otherwise. if i can get an OT and an OG in the first round that would give enough time for even texanbill to make throws, we can be successful. same setting on defense. i'd take the risk that one of those 2 quarterbacks is still available, and if he isnt - a starter at another position will be. probably 2 starters with the additional early pick.