View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014   #533
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 62488 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wouldn't say trashed. We "thought" we were Super Bowl contenders. Gotta pay to play.

I still think Schaub's contract was just shy of genius. He evaluated Matt correctly, recognized the risks, & provided several outs for himself. Flacco, Ryan, Romo, Cutler.... at the time, I wouldn't have taken any of those for Schaub & those teams married themselves to those QBs. Flacco, maybe. But I wouldn't have given him the money he got for sure. Somewhere between what Schaub got & what Flacco got.

We can cut Schaub (& several others) for a net gain in 2014. We can use the June 1st option & it's a big gain.
I just don't see shifting $7M of the Cap hit to 2015 when we need it most.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote