View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014   #49
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Well, if you don't like coach-speak . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yep. Someone said once: If the owner of your franchise is known outside of your city, you probably have a bad owner.

There are exceptions, of course, like Robert Kraft, but, the point is valid. And, actually, if you think about it, how many ordinary fans know who owns the Patriots? Probably not that many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I have no idea who owns the Rams, the Cards, the Chargers, the Jets (know the guy is a douche, but can't recall his name) the Ravens (I know the GM's name, but can't recall the owner).

I can't recall offhand who owns the Chiefs, though I did read that we asked them for the name "Texans" back. Does the same family still own them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So let me get this straight. Your theory is that for the most part, it's the bad owners, and not the good owners who are familiar to most NFL fans, and to support this theory, you throw out the fact that you can't remember/don't know the owners of the Rams, the Cards, and the Jets?