View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014   #37
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Gardner fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm not pretending to know what's going on (cause I have no idea), and it could certainly be that this is O'Brien flexing his muscle, but has anybody considered the possibility that these are Kubiak guys who were simply cleared out as Rick Smith works to consolidate power at the front office level?

Both of these guys were hired by the Texans in '06, and while nobody knows fore certain, there's clearly a number of folks who believe that Kubiak was in charge of pretty much everything at the time of his hire.

Lots of folks (including me) will hate this idea, and I can't even call it speculation as I'm not saying I believe it to be true - just wondering about it.

Anybody out there seeing something I'm not and therefore can shoot this theory out of the water?
I'd say you are "getting warmer" with those statements. There was definitely more than a couple of people in the scouting department who thought Rick should have been fired, and didn't respect him as a talent evaluator, but not because they are simply Kubiak guys. I'm surprised it took him this long to give those guys the boot, but I'm not surprised they are gone. Incompetent folks always need to fire subordinates in order to cover up their own inadequacies, and that's all that is happening here.