View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Gardner fired???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
What I don't understand is hearing the primary (and almost exclusive) criticism of Whisenhunt being that he couldn't win without Warner, but then - from a generic NFL coaching standpoint - seeing how many folks put forth the philosophy that you can't succeed without an above average QB. Arizona never had a QB that was even close to average after Warner retired.
The question is: Who's fault is that? Is it Whisenhunt's fault that he couldn't identify the right QB? Or is it his fault that he couldn't develop the ones he got?

I don't know either way on that. He did a pretty good job developing Roethlisberger and getting the most out of him when he was a young QB but then again, how much say did he have in drafting him?

He might just have a bad eye in spotting QB talent and how it's going to transition to the NFL. In which case, he's not a guy we'd want.

In a lot of ways, Whisenhunt is like Kubiak to me. They don't seem to have an eye for finding QB talent but when they get it, they can put an offense around it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote