View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014   #52
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
My preference between draft and other trade potentials remains Mallet. A nice honest assessment of Mallet from a July 2013 piece.

link

The latter question is not one that I have a great answer for.
This lost me here:

Quote:
In some ways, both athletically and when it comes to smarts, he is very similar to Brady.
There has never been anything to suggest this. At best it's just wishful thinking.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to paint Mallett in a positive light. He has a ton of tools. But there is a lot of reaching going on around here. Mallett very well may turn into a star. But up to this point the only positives he has shown is that he has a huge frame, a huge arm, and he was able to efficiently run Petrino's power spread offense, which has somehow been confused as being a pro style offense just because they run the ball a lot.

Does Mallett appear to have the required skills to be an elite NFL QB? Yes. Does he also show traits that suggest he could be a bust? Yes.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote