View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014   #31
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Gardner fired???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I'm not necessarily a Whisenhunt guy, but honestly why has he not been as successful an NFL HC as Jon Gruden or Cower ? OK he's much more understated and not got that flashy personality of Gruden, or dosen't look mean and slobber like Cowher, but if not for a terrible call by a ref he win's the SB just as those other two coachs .
Whisenhunt was probably right behind Lovie on the list of guys we didn't hire but I would have been fine with (and for the record, I have no problem with O'Brien being brought in ahead of either of those guys).

What I don't understand is hearing the primary (and almost exclusive) criticism of Whisenhunt being that he couldn't win without Warner, but then - from a generic NFL coaching standpoint - seeing how many folks put forth the philosophy that you can't succeed without an above average QB. Arizona never had a QB that was even close to average after Warner retired.

We've had some debate on this site for the last few years (thankfully no longer relevant) that went beyond the QB position, regarding whether Kubiak was capable of getting a team to the Super Bowl . Simply questioning was he capable of doing it under any circumstances. Well, that's an argument that doesn't need to be conducted as it relates to Whisenhunt.

As a somewhat related additional comment, I'm not excited at all to see that he's bringing in Ray Horton to coordinate the Titans D.