View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rob Rang 2014 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
It has everything to do with it and the primary reasons for being correct in an assessment instead of being wrong. You're just upset because Rang did not say, what you wanted to hear.
I definitely don't want to hear that Bridgewater is the best talent in this class. I don't want to hear that he's a top 5 or even top 10 talent in this class. I'm not in love with Teddy Bridgewater.

I'm not in love with Jadaveon Clowney.

I do not understand how
Quote:
1. DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina (6-6, 268, 4.65)*: There is no denying that Clowney failed to live up to expectations statistically-speaking. He also inflamed concerns about his maturity with two speeding tickets before the Gamecocks' bowl game. Clowney's red flags are real, but so is his talent. Imposing, explosive and more technically sound than many realize, Clowney competes only with former No. 2 overall pick Julius Peppers (2002) as the most gifted defensive end prospect I have ever seen.
trumps
Quote:
4. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville (6-3, 220, 4.65)*: In an era in which college quarterbacks' numbers are often inflated by short passes and relatively simplistic schemes, Bridgewater's sparkling production is due to Pro Bowl-caliber accuracy. His success (71 percent completion rate with 31 touchdowns against just four interceptions) comes out of a pro-style offense that requires him to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage and complete NFL throws. Those traits make Bridgewater an ideal fit in new Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien's offense, making him the favorite to be the No. 1 overall pick of the 2014 draft.
Let's say you have an average team, across the board, average & you can add one more player. Are you going to take a pro-bowl QB, or a pro-bowl DE? Are you going to take an All-Pro QB, or an All-Pro DE?

Most of his description of Clowney is negative. Most of his description of Bridgewater is positive... but TB is not even the runner up to Clowney.