Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014   #1705
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Was browsing some articles and found this quote from one written over the summer by Johnny

Quote:
Johnny Manziel swears he is 72 inches — exactly — with a hair cut and without cleats.

Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin teased Manziel about the quarterback’s height during the off-season, prompting Manziel to prove yet another doubter wrong.

“He kept saying, ‘Hey, I keep thinking you’re getting shorter,’” Manziel told the Star-Telegram this summer, “so I had to take him to the training room. I took my shoes off. I had a haircut, too, if you want to throw that in there. I was 6 foot. He could push it down as hard as he wanted, and it was 72 inches.”
So according to Manziel himself he is right at 6ft, I think this is the only actual quote from him confirming he height. Not huge news but interesting as I think a lot of people (including me) were thinking 5"11 looked about right (not that the one inch is groundbreaking)