View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rob Rang 2014 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I've noticed there are about 3-5 scouts/scouting websites that make a stand and evaluate players, then there is everyone else that just copies those 3-5 and modifies the work they've done to make it "theirs".

He probably thinks TB should be #1 overall, but sees the better scouts not doing so, so he follows suit. He's a follower, not a leader.

Mike Mayock all day! NFL Network better not have that guy doing anything but draft prepping.
Rob Rang is one of the older more reliable evaluators and his website nfldraftscout.com is one of the absolute best. It is a leader in the field not a follower. I do miss Chad Reuter since he left for nfl,com and Dane Brugler is really a novice learning the trade much like McShay. I take his write ups with a grain of salt. I agree with you about Mayock, son of a football coach and he played at every level. You just can't beat that kind of knowledge and experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't understand how he can write that about TB, then list him as the 4th best player in this draft. Not even the Julius Peppers himself is a better player/prospect than a QB with "ProBowl" accuracy coming from a pro-style offense.
Maybe because he doesn't have a BIAS and is OBJECTIVE in his analysis. That's how he makes his living, he doesn't fall in love with players.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote