View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Major knocks that I remember against Mallet were:

- That he was not a good leader. He had a ton of confidence but his teammates were turned off by his arrogance and inability to accept that anything could be his fault. This was a rumor that I never saw supported in writing, but maybe it was his interviews that caused him to drop in the draft?

- He time and time again crumbled at the end of games when his team needed him to step up.

- He was rumored to have been involved with some major drugs. I don't remember which ones exactly but something like cocaine or meth. Again, this was only a rumor as well.

I was never high on Mallet for reason #2. He always reminded me of Elvis Grbac, who did eventually have two good seasons with the Chiefs but that was it.
Valid questions, How many games did Arkansas win before Mallett got there? After he left? I don't remember him choking at the end of games. Mallett has more god given ability than Grbac ever had and more than any QB in this draft. IMHO We are not talking about another Schaub here.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote