View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014   #1143
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Let me ask you a hypothetical. Say you're at work, and they just hired a new employee that will be working with you everyday. You're introduced. His name is Bill O'Brien. Now, common courtesy will eventually lead you to say to him, "do you go by Bill, or how do you prefer to be called?" and if his response is "Most people call me OB", would you continue to call him 'Bill' or 'O'Brien'?

Is that a strawman? I don't think so.

You're right about the silliness. It's a disease, I tell ya.
Hypothetically, I would know him personally and would call him whatever he wants to be called.

Reality, I don't know Bill O'Brien personally and will most likely never meet the man, so whatever I call him is irrelevant.

I don't really care what other fans or whoever call him. "OB" is not bad. At least it is something real in the man's life.

That said, he's O'Brien to me.