View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014   #88
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Me too, I think he wants to play though. You don't go work out for the Giants being offered $800K if you don't want to play anymore.

He's gay and the NFL isn't ready to accept that yet. In 10 years from now this will happen again with another athlete, I wonder what teams' reactions will be at that time.

LOL, thanks man. I was trying WAYYYY too hard. Can we really free up $4 mill restructuring Dre? Wow. I hope this thing is accurate, it's pretty cool to play with.

lol, something like Gold Dust playing safety?
Like Paycheck says we have to be very careful reworking contracts and pushing money onto future caps. It should be done only in rare cases with huge upside for signing or re-signing someone. We need to allow some of these contracts to go away when player get to the end like both Smiths. Those expiring contracts alone brings us almost $13m cap relief IIRC. That is Arakpo + money and a guy like him greatly improves those around him imo. Just info:

"
Accurately assessing Orakpo’s value on the open market, should he get there, will be difficult. Green Bay outside linebacker Clay Matthews signed a six-year, $69.73 million contract extension with the Packers in April. On the other end of the spectrum, the Cleveland Browns handed Paul Kruger, primarily a backup in four seasons with the Baltimore Ravens, a five-year, $40.5 million contract in March."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2qbT8LJtE
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter