View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014   #1071
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
That's what you see. That doesn't mean that is what everyone else sees. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that somebody else does. When you put on the tape you can see a lot of similarities. In some instances Geno Smith's performances exceed Teddy Bridgewater performances. I happen to believe that Geno has the better arm. Don't forget in week 5 of the 2012 season Geno was the prohibitive favorite to win the Heisman. Besides the melanin, they're almost carbon copies of each other in height and weight. FYI I was Geno fan, still am. I thought he would be the first QB to be drafted (wrong) but wasn't sure he would go in RD 1 (right). If Geno had Teddy's defense he might've won the Heisman.
Thats what I was asking, if someone else sees that I was curious as what to their analysis is. Is there any scout or fan or anyone with a blog account that has compared Bridgewater to Geno?

Geno ran a spread Air Raid offense out of shotgun, Bridgewater runs a pro style offense, takes snaps under center in single back formation and performs 3,5,7 step drops.

Geno had a fairly strong arm, but lacked consistent accuracy and touch on his passes. Bridgewater appears to have average arm strength, but is very accurate and shows great touch on his short and intermediate throws. Many scouts said Geno was a very good deep passer while Bridgewater seems to need to work on his deep ball accuracy.

Footwork and mechanics. Again not a strength a Geno and something most people believe Teddy excels at.

As their last season went on, Geno only got worse and cracked under the heisman pressure, while Bridgewater only got better and ignored all the expectations put on him and his team

The biggest difference and what caused Smith to fail was his mental makeup and perceived work ethic and football IQ after the combine. Scouts and teams questioned Smiths qualities and many nasty reports came out saying he was not a student of the game, lazy, and lacking a passion for the game. As far as we can tell Bridgewater is none of these things and reports suggest he has an excellent IQ and is one of the hardest workers on the team.

So similarities I guess I see are skin color, comparable build, and similar athletic ability. Besides that I really don't see how anyone could compare the two QBs and why Bridgewater would start to free fall before the draft, because everything we know suggests once he gets into interviews and up to blackboards he will do nothing less than impress.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote