View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014   #1140
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Let me ask you a hypothetical. Say you're at work, and they just hired a new employee that will be working with you everyday. You're introduced. His name is Bill O'Brien. Now, common courtesy will eventually lead you to say to him, "do you go by Bill, or how do you prefer to be called?" and if his response is "Most people call me OB", would you continue to call him 'Bill' or 'O'Brien'?

Is that a strawman? I don't think so.

You're right about the silliness. It's a disease, I tell ya.
Eh - Regardless of how things go, by the time Coach O'Brien's tenure with the Texans comes to an end (hopefully many, many years from now) he will have been called lots of things he would prefer not to be called.