View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014   #1139
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was never a fan of "Kubes". It's silly to me.

But, to each his own, I guess. Count me in the camp of "O'Brien", regardless of what the players, fans, and/or media wants to call him. I do not find it to be that much more work to type out his name.
Let me ask you a hypothetical. Say you're at work, and they just hired a new employee that will be working with you everyday. You're introduced. His name is Bill O'Brien. Now, common courtesy will eventually lead you to say to him, "do you go by Bill, or how do you prefer to be called?" and if his response is "Most people call me OB", would you continue to call him 'Bill' or 'O'Brien'?

Is that a strawman? I don't think so.

You're right about the silliness. It's a disease, I tell ya.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote