View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Well, if you don't like coach-speak . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
As long as he doesn't coach like Belicheat, I can go along with his charade before reporters which is required by the NFL. Long before Belicheat, the old saying that loose lips sink ships from WWII applied. I do not credit Belicheat with this concept. He simply adopted a good strategy which incorporates the older principle. I saw the same in Landry, so it wasn't new to the NFL.
The thing that's new is the exposure.

Back in the day, no one paid much attention to the coach's press conferences unless they were in the playoffs. Nowadays with the 24/7 coverage of football, fans pour over every word someone says.

There were people on this board who didn't like that Kubiak was so close-mouthed and evasive about the team and strategy and injuries and whatnot. But that's the way coaches SHOULD be.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote