View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004   #25
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Trotter is more of an inside guy and I think the trade off is more with Foreman than it is Clemons.

I think Trotter has more to offer than Foreman but the price and the knee are both concerns.

I think Clemons' best chance to make the team this year is backing up one of the inside guys.

There would also be cap ramifications (dead money) if either Formean or Clemons are cut. Clemons would go before Foreman but keeping Clemons would only cost $350k more than cutting him.

Foreman costs only $1.54 on the cap this year and his dead money hit would be $1.76 if he's cut. Yes, you could spread the dead money hit over two years if the cut is made after June 1, but as far as swapping Foreman for Trotter, I just don't see the risk/reward justification financially or performance-wise to make that move 'this year' all things considered. It would be different if Foreman was totally incompetent at the position. But, in '05 and especially in '06, Foreman's salary escalates to a level where the Texans will really have to start looking hard at his cost/benefit.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote