View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, New England got the snot stomped out of them by the Bengals so we're in good company. For the record I'd like to say that IMO there are only two kinds of teams that dominate preseason games. One type is good plain and simple. They're so good and so deep that they're going to win more often than not whether it's preseason or the regular season. The other kind are your bad teams trying to build momentum. I'm not saying the Steelers fall into this catagory at all. If you take it that way you miss my point. I'm talking about the Texans here. The Texans aren't trying to win out in preseason. They're going about their business trying to work on their execution (didn't do very well tonight) and evaluate their players. They're looking at things and of course trying to win but the victory is secondary to the work and avoiding injury as much as possible. Patriots fans aren't coming unglued asking for the head of their offensive coordinator over a preseason game because they know it doesn't count and they know the teams coaches know it doesn't count.

Apparently at least one Texans fan does not know how to properly appreciate an NFL preseason game.

I like to see the Texans look good. I like to see them win. I'd rather see them work out the kinks in preseason and lose bad but squeak by someone two months from now than see them win all four of their preseason games but still stink it up in the regular season when everyone else starts trying.