Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014   #323
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61508 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Counting this past year & the year before that, TB has been ranked up there for a while now...& you're spotting 2 games in which Bortles played "ok" in as an advantage in competition over TB? C'mon Texian. The Florida & Miami teams TB faced in his bowl games were as good or better than the South Carolina & Penn State teams Bortles faced this year...TB also performed better against the teams he faced than Bortles did against his.

On my "board" I have Bortles #2 behind TB, but If anything they're even in the competition arena...As i said in another post, What Bortles' team did this year, TB's team did last year.
The Florida team that TB beat was almost the same Florida team that went 4-8 this year and lost to Georgia Southern at home. My point is playing Ohio, Florida International and Missouri State is conducive to helping inflate one's stats while playing teams like Ohio State, South Carolina, Missouri and Penn State does not pad stats as well as playing the weak sisters. Playing a 9-4 Miami maybe the equivalent of playing a 7-5 Penn State but it is not on par with playing a an 11-2 South Carolina or an 11-2 Baylor. Louisville's toughest competition this year was 12-1 UCF to whom they lost and at home no less.

If you compare Teddy's freshman year to Manziel's freshman year there is no comparison. Not even in the same ballpark.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote