Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014   #322
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
"Bridgewater has been rumored to be potentially the top pick..or at least top 5 in the draft for basically 2 years now...& you pretty much go out of your way to discredit him."

Two years ago Teddy was barely average and ordinary as testament to his 64% completion, 14TDs to 12 INTs and a 132 QBR. Two years ago, just about everyone thought Logan Thomas was to be the #1 pick in this draft and was expected to be better than Cam Newton.

"Here's another thing. TB & Bortles both played in the AAC. So why is it that people discredit the AAC competition when talking about TB & what he did against them.... but ignore it for the most part when talking about Bortles?"

Re: the competition, Bortles faced Jadevon Clowney and South Carolina and Penn St. Bridgewater faced Eastern Kentucky and Florida International.
Counting this past year & the year before that, TB has been ranked up there for a while now...& you're spotting 2 games in which Bortles played "ok" in as an advantage in competition over TB? C'mon Texian. The Florida & Miami teams TB faced in his bowl games were as good or better than the South Carolina & Penn State teams Bortles faced this year...TB also performed better against the teams he faced than Bortles did against his.

On my "board" I have Bortles #2 behind TB, but If anything they're even in the competition arena...As i said in another post, What Bortles' team did this year, TB's team did last year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote