View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brees, Foles and .... yes, Keenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
When has Belichek been picking at 1:1?

Talent differential at 1:1 would be much greater than at 1:28 or whatever the Patriots normally pick at.
I've seen Belichick trade completely out of the first round. If he thought he could swindle... errr... trade that 1-1 pick for more picks He would.

Let me ask you this:
Don't you think Belichick could trade back to saaay 8-12 (just to pick a number) from 1-1 and still get the guy he wanted that fit his scheme? I do.

As you said yourself, the Pats are used to mining talent (that perpetually keeps them in the playoff hunt) waaaaay late in the first round; usually back at #26 to 30-something. Getting a pick at 8-12 would absolutely be ice cream and cake to Belichick. And that's not counting the extra picks he swindled ....errr negotiated for during the trade.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote