View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brees, Foles and .... yes, Keenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
When has Belichek been picking at 1:1?

Talent differential at 1:1 would be much greater than at 1:28 or whatever the Patriots normally pick at.
I've seen Belichick trade completely out of the first round. If he thought he could swindle... errr... trade that 1-1 pick for more picks He would.

Let me ask you this:
Don't you think Belichick could trade back to saaay 8-12 (just to pick a number) from 1-1 and still get the guy he wanted that fit his scheme? I do.

As you said yourself, the Pats are used to mining talent (that perpetually keeps them in the playoff hunt) waaaaay late in the first round; usually back at #26 to 30-something. Getting a pick at 8-12 would absolutely be ice cream and cake to Belichick. And that's not counting the extra picks he swindled ....errr negotiated for during the trade.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote