Originally Posted by Norg
so is there a franchise QB sitting there when we pick #1 this year ..???
IMO this pick will decided the Texans fate for at least 5 years
No one really knows the answer to this.
We don't even know what offense O'Brien will run. We THINK he will run some flavor of the one that N.E. runs but we don't KNOW that until he rolls it out during OTAs or training camp.
So how will we know, in January
, which QB will best fit an offense we won't even get a peek at until May??
Besides, for my money, it's not just the QB, it's the whole package. QB is just one thing out of a whole shopping list of stuff that needs fixing.
- O-line (two words: Right Tackle)
- ILB (will Cush be back to form? and even if he is, he needs help.)
- CB depth (especially if the rumors about him running a lot of nickel are true)
- DT (we don't have the kind that Romeo has historically liked.
- RB (Tate is as good as gone and they may send Foster packing too)