View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texanator January MOCK DRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Two of my Oregon buddies told me that the reason DAT is entering the draft early is because he wants to be a between the tackles running back and the Oregon coaches are trying to get him into even more of a hybrid role than he was playing before. The Oregon coaches envision him as a slot WR who occasionally would come into the backfield and carry the ball. He envisions himself as a RB who only occasionally would split out wide.

Take that for what it's worth. These guys aren't connected to the program, just fans. But they both really like Thomas so I don't think they would make something like that up.

Maybe he opens up to the idea in the pros but from what I've heard it sounds like he is reluctant to move outside.

That's fair & perfectly believable. I wasn't going to bring this up because you know how comparisons can go, but he is very similar to Chris Johnson coming out. Maybe it was you? But remember some saying he could run between the tackles & he could.

When DeAnthony runs his 4.24 combine forty this whole 4th rd projection will be a pipe dream. He hurt his ankle first play on a return in the most unbelievable monsoon, in Eugene I ever saw. I would be pissed @ his coaches for that move (exposing him to unessecary risk) than anything else.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote