Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014   #1547
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Has anyone brought up the Heisman curse yet?

I've mentioned some affection towards Manziel myself, but I do not want the Texans to draft him, because of that curse. He's going to make a fine player, he's going to have some success. But I think he'll be like Palmer, where we're always questioning if the rest of his team is good enough.

It is possible that I'm wrong & he's going to be a HOF, Super Bowl winning QB. & that is a dumb reason for not drafting a QB. But, that's my reason.

That curse only affects those that win the Heisman following those that win it after their senior season, not those that win it after their freshman season