Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014   #99
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I agree with this 100%. I don't get the blind support for Keenum. Is it because he's a local UH product? I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing. I see a guy who crumbles under pressure and can't make the short-intermediate routes to move the chains. I see an undrafted free agent who went undrafted for a good reason.
Support for Keenum is not blind. It comes from an understanding that the NFL QB position is a difficult position to master and Case has had very limited reps to gain the necessary experience to where the game begins to slow down for him. It's simply a case of believing that the book is not closed on this player. Case has the physical ability; his brain simply has to catch up to the demands of the pro level of play and most new QB's are given, and take, more than a half season for this development.

In my particular case, I simply stated that O'Brien would evaluate Keenum's play from game film and make a decision on whether he has the potential to develop; and,from a draft prospective, a best case scenario would be a positive evaluation.

(edit) I would add that the film on Keenum would include the 2013 pre-season and this graded out very positively.

Last edited by Number19; 01-13-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote