Hmmm... Ideal Scenario...??
Ignore the numbers because I want everything on this "wishlist" to occur.
- Romeo Crennel comes in and makes this a top-three defense in fewest points allowed and most turnovers produced. ...I could care less about yards.
- A.J. stays healthy all season long and finally gets double-digit TDs.
- Brian Cushing, Arian Foster, Danieal Manning, Johnathan Joesph, and Garrett Graham, and Owen Daniels all come back to full strength and play at pro bowl levels of performance. ...for the next 4-5 years (yeah, I'm greedy. Sue me.)
- Duane Brown returns to all pro form. And in a related note, we find a RT that performs at or near his level (when he wasn't nicked up) of performance.
- Some combination of A.J., Posey, D. Hopkins, Keyshawn Martin, and LeStar Jean produce a 3000-yd, 35 TD receiving corps. Pick any three guys (well okay, A.J. and any two other guys. )
- We sweep Indy and Tennessee (Hell, we go 6-0 in the division) and make the AFC CG.
If all the above occurs as I wish it, then we cannot help but make the playoffs.
Notice that I didn't mention who plays QB.
That's because I don't care who starts as long as he effectively distributes the ball to our playmakers and minimizes turnovers
. With a nod to our new coach, it's about what the team accomplishes. Individual names or favorate players are unimportant as long as the team succeeds. I mentioned the guys that I did because they have shown the talent to be studs once upon a time and when healthy can be again. If those particular guys get replaced, the accomplishments desired by my scenario do not change; only the names/numbers on the jerseys. Okay, off
Also, I didn't mention the draft. I don't follow college ball sufficiently to have any "mock draft preferences". There are plenty of posters who do that much more thoroughly than I could. I defer to their research-based opinions.