View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014   #1097
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28117 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I'm guessing that people saw that Kubiak kept one or two of Capers' assistants - Marciano and Harris, I think - and assumed that that is how it's done. It's the "nice guy" way of doing things, in a lot of people's minds.

But, the truth is, O'Brien was well within reason to clean house and not get input from the current coaches. Had we gone, say, 8-8, then maybe I could see considering keeping a few more people.

But, 2-14? And losing 14 in a row?

Hell no.

Everybody and their mamma should have been fired.
But get a memory. This is also the same staff that led an 11-5 team to a second consecutive playoff victory. You can't ignore the good or the bad when it comes in the same package.

I for one will remember Kubiak as an honorable and capable coach who just ran out of time and the patience of fans and the FO. It was time for a change and it happened. Different circumstance are likely to produce different outcomes. I think he will be successful at his next project.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote